Association of Specialists in Aging
2017 Scholarship Fund Guidelines
Any individual who is a high school senior in Lake County, who has applied to, or currently attends, an accredited vocational, four-year or two-year degree-granting institute of post-secondary education, is eligible to apply for The Association of Specialists in Aging (ASA) Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded in recognition of academic excellence as well as a student’s desire to pursue an education that pertains to health and wellness with an emphasis towards geriatrics. The ASA Scholarship Committee will grant the award(s) based on the following criteria with preferential consideration to Lake County residents.
Qualifications and Guidelines:
- The applicant has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- The student must be enrolled in a healthcare, social service, or community service program with the intent to work with seniors, and/or currently be employed in a senior service-related business and continuing their education to advance their knowledge in working with seniors.
- The applicant must be a student in Lake County, Ohio.
1. Each applicant must complete the ASA Scholarship Application and return it to The Association of Specialists in Aging by the specified deadline
2. Submit a 250-word typewritten personal statement addressing the following areas:
- Your career aspirations or goals;
- How your future career aspirations or goals contribute to the betterment of the aging community or society;
- Your need for a monetary scholarship
3. Applications will be made available on this site or at the Guidance Office of the following schools:
Andrews-Osborne Academy, Fairport Harding High School, T.W. Harvey High School, Kirtland High School, Lake Catholic High School, Madison High School, Mentor High School, North High School, Perry High School, Riverside High School, South High School, Wickliffe High School, Willo-Hill Christian School and on-line at www.asaneo.org. Completed applications and statements must be mailed to The Association of Specialists in Aging, P O Box 146, Painesville, OH 44077
(postmarked by April 30, 2017)
Amount of Scholarship(s)
Each Association of Specialists in Aging Scholarship will be at least One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00).
The amount and number of scholarship(s) awarded in any given year will be determined by the Trustees of the Board of The Association of Specialists in Aging.